The American Chamber of Commerce of Jamaica (AMCHAM) Business and Civic Leadership Awards, seeks to celebrate, highlight and encourage those who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
The goal of the awards programme is to showcase businesses, individuals and non-profit organizations that are driving and achieving economic and social progress in Jamaica through ethical leadership, stewardship, and community building activities.
Individual Nominees and Organizations must have been based in Jamaica for at least 5 years, and all Companies must be incorporated in Jamaica.
The Nomination Process opens Thursday, September 7, 2017 and the deadline for receipt of nominations is Friday, October 6, 2017.
AMCHAM Jamaica Business & Civic Leadership Awards will be presented in two (2) categories, with seven (7) Awards being offered overall as follows:
- The AMCHAM Jamaica Award of Excellence for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Small Companies
- Large Companies
- The AMCHAM Jamaica Award of Excellence for Civic Leadership
- Small Non-Profit Organization
- Large Non-Profit Organization
- Large Foundations
- Small Foundations
1. The AMCHAM Jamaica Award of Excellence for Corporate Social Responsibility
This award recognizes corporate social responsibility by companies operating in Jamaica in 2 categories: Small companies and Large companies.
The awardee must have:
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate citizenship through but not limited to the organization’s business strategy over 5 years.
- Demonstrated policies, programmes or projects with measurable/evidenced improvement of the communities in which they operate.
2. The AMCHAM Jamaica Award of Excellence for Civic Leadership
This award recognizes sustained commitment by individuals and non-profit organizations to national and community development evidenced by the funding and engagement in projects that enhance development, demonstrate and engender civic responsibility in 5 categories: Individual, Large Organization and Small Organization, Large Foundations and Small Foundations.
The awardee must have:
- Made continuous impact (at least 5 years) in terms of improved social and economic conditions in a particular community or communities.
- Inspired/motivated others to cooperate in measurable/evidenced improvement of the lot of others through community involvement and projects.
As of Friday, September 8, 2017, at 12:00 am, the nomination process for these Awards will be open to the public. Each nomination received will be judged on its own merit.
Two (2) Nomination Forms are available:
- One (1) for Nominations for Corporate Social Responsibility
- One (1) for Nominations in Civic Leadership
The completed nomination form should first be e-mailed to AMCHAM and then delivered in hard copy along with supporting documents to the AMCHAM Offices, The Jamaica Pegasus, Suite 106, First Floor, 81 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5.
AMCHAM will acknowledge formally the receipt of all nominations.
In the category of "Corporate Social Responsibility", a copy of a current Tax Compliance Certificate, is required.
We encourage good quality photos, CD’s, DVDS, etc., and all of the above items should be delivered along with a hard copy of the Nomination Form to the AMCHAM office.
All items must be received at the AMCHAM Jamaica Office, 1st Floor, Suite 106, The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, 81 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5, by 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 6, 2017.
All items will become the property of THE AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF JAMAICA, and as such, will not be returned.
An independent panel of judges made up of respected corporate citizens will review nominations and select winners in each of the three categories based on the information given on the nomination forms, substantiated by verifiable/measurable data provided by nominators.
NB: INCOMPLETE/UNSUBSTANTIATED FORMS WILL RENDER A NOMINEE INELIGIBLE
- The judge’s decision is final.
- AMCHAM Jamaica retains the right to publish the names of nominees and awardees
- All nominees must be agreeable to receiving the award at the AMCHAM Gala, should they be victorious. CEO’s of Companies; Directors/Heads of Non-profits and other Organizations; and Individuals, who are nominated and recognized as finalists for these Awards are asked to be present and to receive the Award at the Gala to take place on Wednesday, October 18, 2016, at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, at 7:00 pm.
- Documents submitted with nomination forms including photographs, DVDs, CDs, remain the property of AMCHAM Jamaica and will not be returned.